Meet Karyn Vanderwarren
Since entering the business world as an accountant in 1993, Karyn Vanderwarren has been building a sterling reputation for intelligence, tact and her dedication to expert results for her clients.
Karyn earned a B.A. in Business and Accounting from St. Xavier University. She received a scholarship for the Chicago-Kent College of Law and pursued her law degree while working full-time as a financial controller and for private accounting clients.
While a law student, Karyn served as the Managing Editor of the Chicago-Kent Law Review, authored an article published in the Law Review and worked as a judicial extern in the United States District Court, Northern District. She graduated with honors and was admitted to practice in the United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois. Karyn is also a Certified Public Accountant.
In 2018, Karyn was appointed to the board of the Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association. Karyn has published articles in the Illinois Bar Journal and the Chicago-Kent Law Review. She is a recipient of the 46th Annual Lincoln Award for legal writing. Karyn is an engaging speaker on various legal subjects, including real estate, estate planning, business law, and probate.
Karyn Vanderwarren is well-respected in the legal community and both the private and commercial real estate industries because of her expertise, a wide range of competencies, and care for each client and their particular requirements.
- llinois Real Estate Lawyer’s Association, Board Member; Budget Committee and Strategic Planning Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- DuPage County Estate Planning Council, Member
- Professional Women’s Network, Past Treasurer
- The Center in Palos Park, Past Chairperson
- St. Xavier University Estate Planning Advisory Council, Past Member
- Recipient of Illinois State Bar Association 46th Annual Lincoln Award for writing
- Mediation Training Certificate from DePaul University
- Collaborative Law Certificate from the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
Fun facts about Karyn Vanderwarren
- Her favorite Marvel comic book superhero is Daredevil, a blind lawyer who represents criminals and downtrodden clients in the daytime, and practices vigilante justice at night.
- She has practiced yoga for about 25 years.
- Hiking in the great outdoors is her perfect weekend activity.
- Karyn enjoys cooking and playing the piano.